We know that carrying out team management at work is not an easy task. This implies having a great responsibility to ensure that your entire team is focused and productive. For this reason, in Healthy work We have prepared this post with the best tips, techniques and tools to improve team management.
What is work team management?
When we talk about team management and leadership, we refer to the process by which all the work is optimally distributed and managed throughout the team. When we manage to carry out this management correctly, we will be able to maximize worker performance, avoiding chaos.
With team management you can ensure that employees are totally satisfied at the end of their day, instead of being overwhelmed. By being sure about the volume of work they have, the results will be good and faster.
Tips for team management and leadership
Since we know that achieving optimal team management can be quite difficult, we have prepared some tips that you may find useful. These are:
- You should be aware that work teams are not homogeneous. All people will have their strengths and weaknesses, so it is desirable to avoid making value judgments.
- Clarity in the objectives, goals and values of the company. It is important that the entire team knows these objectives, as well as the methods that will be used to meet them. Each member should know her role within the company.
- It is fundamental that know the strengths of your team in order to exploit them. You will also need to know the weak points to be able to work on them.
- Keep your team motivated. It is essential that your team is motivated, for this you can use prizes or challenges, which will surely help them to excel in their work.
- It is crucial that members of your team see that you trust them. This will make them feel valued and they can see that their work is recognized.
- Praise when the job is done well. It is important that there is a good flow of channels between you and the team, where information circulates in both directions in order to improve everyone together.
Techniques for optimal team management
Although the advice we have given you can be very useful, it will also be good for you to use a series of techniques to make the management of your team as correct and functional as possible. Here are some of the techniques you can use:
From vertical to horizontal management
This is one of the first techniques that you can carry out. Get out of your office for a bit move on the same ground as your team. In the end, when leading an entire team, you will need to have an overview of each of the positions, especially when you are put in charge of a team that was already formed.
Promote the intelligence of your entire team
As we have said before, it is important that at all times encourage good attitudes in your team. You will need to keep them motivated so that they can properly perform their duties.
Your job is to lead well, so the ideal is to know how each piece of your team works, thus showing assertiveness and emotional intelligence.
Introduce new dynamics
It is essential that you use all your organizational skills to achieve a good cohesion in your team. A good option is to hold a session of role-playing games in your meetings. This closeness is relevant to improve communication and participation in team management and leadership.
Clear organizational structure
It is crucial that each of the employees know what their tasks and functions are. Therefore, for team management and leadership it is essential to make it clear what method you will use and how you will distribute all the work individually.
One way to do this is to meet with heads of all departments and work together to coordinate all staff. Weekly work meetings can be held and short-term goals can be set.
One of the key points of team management is that, As a leader, you will have to guide you but not do all the work. One of the qualities of a good agent and manager is knowing delegate functions on other employees.
You can do this delegation of functions once you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your employees. With this you can choose which worker can take charge of each of the functions.
The importance of listening
Within team management, coordinating and organizing is not the only mission. It is important to give a flow of communication between the leader and the workers. The objective is to obtain a greater perspective on the needs and problems that these people may have.
This will allow you to propose solutions or points of improvement that are more optimal for your entire team, since with your analyzes you will have a better global vision.
Don't ignore conflicts
It is clear that part of the functions within team management and leadership is conflict resolution. In addition to this, you should also know how to deal with such uncomfortable or conflictive situations. Therefore, it is important to have a clear communication with your entire team, to achieve positive group dynamics.
Tools for good team management
To achieve good team management and leadership, in addition to following the advice and techniques mentioned, there are different tools that can facilitate such management. With these computer programs you can make this management easier and faster. Here are some of the tools:
- Google Calendar: With this tool you can share the calendar with the whole team and manage the meetings that are closed.
- Google Drive: On this platform you will have the opportunity for your entire team to share valuable documents, without the risk of losing them. In addition, it is also a way of working together on the same job without being in the same place.
- Slack/Google Chat: These two tools will be useful for you to have an internal chat with your entire team. You will be able to have optimal communications between all of you from these applications.
- Teamwork/Asana: In this case, these two platforms are perfect for achieving a good organization of tasks in your work team.
There are more tools that could help you in team management. These are just one example of the existence of applications and software capable of making it easier to organize work within a team. They are also useful to achieve good communication at all times.
En Healthy work We always work so that all the workers of a company can be motivated and can reach a higher level of productivity. Therefore, for us, achieving good team management and leadership is essential in increasing the productivity and motivation of a team.
If you need more information or have any questions, contact us and we will gladly help you!
Miguel Angel Cristobal Carle