A company is productive when its employees are happy. The mental health has great influence on the level of productivity at work and, therefore, it is essential to know what is it and the importance of work well-being.
This term has been gaining strength in the business world. Generate work well-being is becoming an essential requirement, a priority.
Feel healthy, happy and valued at work promotes the feeling of being part of a company, not just working in it. Achieving that feeling of well-being in the worker endows him with and motivation y commitment for the company, also having a positive impact on its productivity.
Working conditions are binding factors for enrich our quality of life, since we spend almost half of our time at work.
Companies are aware of this and, for this reason, have begun to give priority to well-being at work, understanding it as a competitive element that can differentiate them from the rest.
It is not a term that has a clear and exact definition. Each company, like each employee, can give it meaning with some own and different connotations.
Despite this, work well-being can be understood as a general feeling of satisfaction, such as implementation of measures or guidelines to be followed to optimize the conditions and qualities of workers. Companies through the development of activities can provide greater comfort and improvements in the quality of life of their employees.
Increase motivation It is one of the results achieved with these measures. Make the employee, beyond performing their tasks, commitments and obligations, feel satisfied in your job and achieve your work goals proposed with motivation.
The real relationship between the degree of happiness of an employee and their productivity It is a fundamental basis in the philosophy of this concept. In order to improve productivity without diminishing or neutralizing the degree of happiness of the worker, the company must have a strategic plan to ensure the success of your work well-being.
Objectives and benefits of a work welfare plan
A company is all of its employees, and a good company is one thatAlso takes care of them.
For business growth, the work welfare plan is the road to progress. It transcends the working life of employees and impacts their most human essence.
For a work well-being plan to work, it must have clear objectives, such as:
- Create a style of healthy habits.
- Promote a favorable work environment
- Establish a positive value offer for employees.
Anything that encourages emotional management and improvement in quality of life of workers increases chances of progress while strengthening the company's relationship with its employees.
worth listing the benefits of a workplace wellness plan well-crafted to appreciate how well-being becomes the engine of performance in your productivity, without damaging your quality of life. These benefits are:
- Increased motivation. Every employee who receives useful bonuses adjusted to his needs will feel valued by the company and will positively encourage his interest when it comes to getting involved.
- Optimal work environment. If the employees are happy, the work atmosphere will be positive, avoiding complaints and conflicts that erode the productivity of the workers.
- Good mental and physical health. With a well-prepared workplace wellness plan, life, both inside and outside of work, will be affected in a satisfactory way and this will affect the way we work.
- Use a variety of sources information that comes from all workers.
- Clarify that the collected data will be reflected in work areas. The best way to favor labor welfare is to take into account the information of those involved.
- Introduce improvement measures accurately and well oriented to employees.
- Avoid fear of change or revision of business culture, if necessary. Set as an objective that the company reaches the objectives it requires to achieve its values.
- Lighten what methodology will be used, for how long and how and when the results will be communicated to the employees.
It is useless to design a work welfare plan if the results are not going to be measured. "Feeling good" is not measurable, but well-being at work is.
To measure the degree of satisfaction, it is possible to carry out questionnaires or surveys internally anonymous among our employees with the aim of making the work experience for them the right one.
Why is workplace wellness so important?
Currently, the new generations value a company that cares about their health, their well-being and their lives, beyond your job. The conditions that a company offers you: the hours, the salary... are overshadowed if the company culture shares your values.
Feeling identified with the culture of a company, and that this is projected in the reality of work, is key to fostering a productive and motivated attitude on the part of the workers.
Well-being at work is important reduce stress and absenteeism and helps workers increase their skills, improve personal relationships and the work environment, have a higher degree of motivation...
In addition, it is also important to distinguish yourself from other companies. Having a good well-being at work produces advantages over the competition.
So instead of asking ourselves, is it worth me to invest in the welfare of my employees?, we should ask ourselves if we would be willing to pay the great economic losses that not investing in the well-being of our employees would entail.
Miguel Angel Cristobal Carle